January 20, 2009

I can't even keep up... 19 Weeks on Friday!


Okay - so the baby is now about 6 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces! Wow, how he/she has grown up so fast... I can remember when the little one was the size of a key lime. According to my sources (no, I don't come up with this stuff on my own), like Doctor Salerno, Rachel's "cooker" as I will refer to it, has expanded significantly and is now just below her belly button... you can feel it and it's very cool. Additionally, and most exciting, the baby will go through an enormous growth spurt from here on out, increasing in size exponentially week by week. The most remarkable of recent events in "baby-land" is that by 19 weeks the baby's brain is now forming into pockets, which will specialize in smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch... super cool! Unfortunately for Rachel, she is actually beginning to feel more and more uncomfortable, in sleeping and sitting positions, which used to work quite well for her; however, I am proud to say that I am now an active participant in the belly rubbing in order to make her and baby feel better.

Though discomfort is becoming more commonplace these days, we are on cloud 9 in anticipation of Monday the 26th, just 6 days from now!... we will finally be able to confirm boy or girl, and plan the rest of their lives for them... ha - I have informed Rachel that schools other than MSU are an option... depending on whether the child wants me to pay for their education.

Sorry, no fruit-size update this week... but I'm going to guess a grapefruit?

LOOK FOR AN EARLY UPDATE ON MONDAY NIGHT OF NEXT WEEK~!

Until then, love, thoughts and prayers... Jason


P.S... check out the updated belly shot - and no, that's not a prisoner number.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, you look so happy, foxy and preggo in this picture! Seeing you with your little fundus makes it so real! Baby Rabidoux is on his/her way. Oh and might I suggest naming the child Starr, no matter the gender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel is glowing! She looks so beautiful! I'm looking forward to being grandma and am honored that the baby will be named after me too! Penelope Rose..."Elli" Rabidoux! Love you all!
    Yiayia Penelope

    ReplyDelete