



After getting over the shocking news this morning, I am proud to announce that we have a little girl on the way! Penelope Rose will be her name - named after her Grandmother (Penelope Avesian) and late Great Grandmother (Dena Rose Bortolani) - as i'm sure she will be filled with energy, passion, enthusiasm, love and ethnicity, just like the two amazing women she will be a small reflection of...
My personal excitement aside, it was amazing to see the twinkle in Rachel's eye when we discovered it would be a girl. Who knew we would be so lucky for God to bless us with a little Rachel - two loves of my life in the same house! I'm sure i'll be great at playing princess and throwing tea parties in no time - I hear Grandpa's are good for those roles as well??
Though I've calmed down a little on the green and white theme (Michigan State), she will still be dressed up in her MSU grub, sitting next to me on gamedays... I mean, she will still bleed green and white.
Well... not much else to say today... i'm pretty much speechless today (I know it's tough to imagine me with nothing to say).
Enjoy these ultrasound photos... a few profiles, a head-on face shot (baby laying on side) and a hand!
Penelope Rose, what a perfectly lovely name! And June 19th is a perfect day to arrive, as it is my birthday as well. There isn't a place on Earth that isn't lovely in June. And this year, June 19 is on a Friday and shall be the beginning of a wonderful weekend as Penelope Rose makes her grand arrival just in time for summer! We shall wait with anticipation...
ReplyDeletejennifer
Congrats you two! She's getting pretty big!
ReplyDelete- Austin
Thanks Jason for all of the updates! It's cool to kind of experience this with you guys, even across the country. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, it's so encouraging to read about how enthusiastic you are- I know little Penelope (such a cute name!) will be very very loved!
See you in a few weeks... and in the meantime, I look forward to more updates. :)