Uhhh... we had our birth preparation class this past weekend, and I'm not sure I was ready for the video portion of the day - yikes! So many large pregnant women, and their husbands, in one room, talking about their "special pregnancy problems" (like gas)... it was quite the experience. I think that we are just going to have to wing-it because that was wayyyyy to much to remember... breathing techniques, squatting and lunging exercises, counter pressure, holy cow! My previous comments aside, we do feel much more informed on various birth-related items now... which is comforting.
Little Penelope is putting on quite a bit of weight these days (as is my beautiful wife), weighing in at about 2 pounds. Her heart is continuing to develop and mature, and some sources indicate that we may be able to hear her heart beat with a stethoscope at this point!... crazy! Additionally, Penelope's nerve pathways in her ears are maturing, which should result in her responding to sound more frequently - as a result of this recent discovery, I am now reading Rachel's belly a bedtime story... Goodnight Moon maybe? As my little princess continues to grow, she is wearing momma down pretty easily. Rachel's energy throughout the second trimester has declined significantly, but she still has this amazing glow about her... check out that belly!
The baby's room transformation has begun - we have purchased the paint and moved out most of the previous "guestroom" furniture.
Well... there will be no update to the blog this coming Friday, as Rachel and I will be in MAUI!!!!! We are having some professional pregnancy photos taken there on the beach, so we'll post some upon our return.
We love you all, and thanks again for your support and wonderful gifts.
Love, thoughts and prayers...
Jason
No comments:
Post a Comment